Many Communication Service Providers (CSP) and utility companies realize that their Business Support Systems (BSS) and Operations Support Systems (OSS) lack business flexibility and operational efficiency. Furthermore, they are not cost effective and not easily scalable without spending significantly on hardware and data centers.
With cloud ready approach, Camvio hosted in AWS prepares these enterprises to adopt their system resources as they demand or grow.
This whitepaper provides an overview of architecture and benefits of deploying Camvio BSS/OSS in the AWS.
By running in the AWS Cloud, enterprises can also benefit from compliance and security credentials of AWS Cloud instead of incurring ongoing cost of audits related to storing customer data.
Camvio BSS/OSS can be deployed at service provider’s datacenter, any private cloud, in the AWS or any other public cloud. This whitepaper covers only deployment architecture in the AWS.
Almost all Best of Suite solutions out there, in mentioned industries, have inherited a huge technical debt, outdated technology, do not offer any usable API, and not very user friendly or intuitive. This whitepaper also speaks to how easy it is to integrate with Camvio BSS deployed in the AWS.
Camvio BSS/OSS Architecture
The Camvio BSS/OSS technical architecture is organized into several functional layers:
- Business and integration layer and workflow: Camvio includes RESTful API gateway and security with over 100 ready to use endpoints. This brings down third-party integration cost and reduces development time. It can be deployed in any Web Application server, including Apache Tomcat and JBoss Enterprise. Using Spring Security, it provides a rich Single Sign-On (SSO) integration with any security provider. With an internal powerful workflow engine, Camvio BSS/OSS is prepared for future needs.
- Administration user interface: This includes product configuration and pricing, product catalog, discounts, tax codes, inventory, user management, accounting integration and system configuration.
- Backend Engines and Processes: A list of individual processes which can run and process in real time, as well as in batches.
- Embedded reporting and dashboards: utilizing internal SSO, security presents data visualization from multiple data sources, from Camvio BSS/OSS databases as well as external systems in one common embedded reporting platform.
Each BSS/OSS deployment would be in a separate AWS account and Camvio would manage services in the AWS account. The following is a list of AWS services utilized for a typical BSS/OSS deployment.
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC): For maximum security, each deployment would be in a separate VPC. Live and Sandbox environment would be separated by VPCs.
- Elastic Load Balancing (ELB): For managing HTTP requests
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): Where certain backend processes run
- Amazon Managed Kuberneters Service (EKS): Kubernetes is a container-orchestration system for automating application deployment, scaling, and management. AWS makes it easy to run Kubernetes on AWS without needing to install and operate your own Kubernetes clusters.
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS): Highly scalable, fast, container management service that makes it easy to run, stop, and manage Docker containers on a cluster.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Makes it possible to securely tie back an AWS VPC to any network, cloud or datacenter.
- Aurora: Cost effective Database As A Service. Managed by AWS for maximum security, scalability, and compliance.
- Lambda functions: Compute service that lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. These functions are called within Alexa Skills in order to communicate with Camvio BSS/OSS API endpoints.
Camvio BSS/OSS is a customer management and commerce platform designed to rapidly and securely monetize any product or service. The richness of Camvio BSS/OSS flexibility and scalability —a strong BSS/OSS engine enabled by modern, digital, open source components such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, RESTful APIs, React, and other advanced technologies— allows you to enjoy the superior performance of a well-proven solution implemented around the world.
Camvio BSS/OSS combines the effectiveness of a lean architecture and future readiness to provide you the ability to focus on your business growth. By deploying Camvio BSS/OSS in the AWS Cloud, you can increase deployment velocity, significantly reduce infrastructure cost and integrate with other AWS services. You can further leverage the compliance benefits of AWS Cloud for sensitive customer data. AWS is cost-effective, secure, scalable, high-performing, and flexible option for deploying Camvio BSS/OSS.
Emerging out of the Software and Communications Industries, Camvio has made a bold statement of the need for Simplicity when it comes to Operational Efficiencies. Our founders have a firm belief that billing systems should not be complex, expensive and painful to implement. After 20+ years of research in the communications space, we’ve learned what works for the industry verses what does not. Our pledge is to provide tools that enable our users to solve problems, produce revenue and become the technology leaders of tomorrow.
Reach out to us for more a demo of our software.